1. It's hard training on your own. Yes, I had a training plan, a good one it seemed, but it would have been so much easier training with a group for all three events. Next year I am joining a local team. They have planned workouts and have an awesome coach that I have talked with before.
2. Nutrition, Nutrition, Nutrition. Triathlons fourth event! I started thinking that what I was doing on my own was not working. So I talked to a tri coach and he fed my mind with way too much information three weeks before my race, and I am hoping to god that my not so thought through nutrition plan will work.
3. Wetsuits: We have had one cold spring. Not enough warm temps. to warm up the lake. Lake temp. as of last week was 62. I reserved my wetsuit for race day weekend, but I have never swam in one during a race. I guess that is what race day is for...practice ;)
4.Bike: I LOVE my bike and I LOVE biking! I have actually been able to ride my bike much more than I ever have and I have so much fun, every single time! I went out on my last long ride on Wednesday, it may have been a little slow thanks to a headwind but I loved it!
5. The Run: I am really starting to feel very confident in my running! Yay! However, I have never run 13.1 miles after a 56 mile bike ride, that scares me. And I have to confess, I have only done one brick workout (see what I mean, I need a team and a coach!). But, I do have a sprint tri this weekend and that is where I will get to squeeze in a second brick!!
6. I feel great! I have made it through training with:
Hives and an epi-pen
A brand new speedy, awesome bike!
Very little swimming
LOTS AND LOTS of running!
A skinnier me!
A Smaller bra size!
A huge sense of accomplishment!
Knowing I can do anything...even without a team or coach!
7 days and counting until race day! I am nervous but I can't wait to get it done once and for all!
Taking a break - if you hadn't noticed, I'm taking a bit of a break from blogging to pursue a new passion. Don't worry, I'm still doing ultra running. For now, you can catc...
9 months ago