1. Moderate hills mean "there are lots of them, train for it!"
2. I felt great with my nutrition plan, didn't feel hungry once during the course. Definitely sticking to this!
3. I don't need to use walk/run ratios, just walk at the water stops every two miles.
4. Don't train using your own modified training plan, use a tried and true training plan, created by someone who knows what they are doing! ;)
5. You can do ANYTHING you set your mind to!
6. Even though I didn't meet my time goal, I still finished and the next marathon I do I will get a better time, because the course will be flat ;)
Overall experience: I had fun. I don't think I will sign up for this race again. Mostly because of the time of year. You can't depend on the weather. We really lucked out and it was perfect. It was a challenging course. If I do this one again, I have to work on hills!!