Thursday, July 22, 2010

2010 Goals revisited

I made some goals for myself in January and revised them again in May. Today is another revisit to my goals and possibly add some more!

Here are my original race goals that I wrote in January. Here is an update and I would like to add a few more.

1. Run in at least two more marathons, I would be happy with one as I have found it's pretty tough on my body. I want to run in 4:30 or faster. Need to find a race or two and sign up.
I've signed up for the Seattle Marathon set for Thanksgiving weekend. It looks like I'll only being doing one this year. That's ok! Time for a PR! Can I break 5 1/2 hours? I think so!

2. PR in a 5k. I can't believe how long it's been since I have PRd in a 5k. I am embarrassed to admit that my best time is only 28 minutes... yeah, I'm slow! Check! I have another 5k coming up May 22, except it's untimed. Will it still count if I use my own watch? I would like to go a :26 or faster!

3. PR in a half marathon. I think the 1/2 is the best race distance. I need to go faster than a 2:13. So far the last three 1/2s I have done have all gotten slower. Here is to a fast 2010 for my half marathon. I am on the fence about doing a half marthon this weekend. I'm not really ready, but it would be nice for a training run and perhaps a PR! No PR yet, but I would like to do 2 half marathons leading up to the marathon in November. I have not signed up for anything yet!

4. Sign up for and finish my first half ironman. I just got a new bike trainer and I am hoping that will keep me in bike shape until I can get outside. Well I have signed up for this race and I am scared to death! Now I just need to finish and finish strong! CHECK!!!! I did it! I finished and I think I finished strong!!!!! Woooooot!!!

5. Swim a sub 6 minute 500 free at a masters meet! I haven't done this since high school. I think I can do it for sure. My first meet in 2010 is in April. It would be helpful to achieve this goal if I actually signed up for a swim meet! This month I am planning on ramping up the swimming. It's something I love and want to spend more time doing, however, there aren't any swim meets any time soon!

New 2010 Goals (May 2010):

6. Sign up for a 10k. I've never done one before. No 10k races on the schedule yet!

7. Get a PR in a sprint triathlon. I need to go faster than a 1:29. I think I can smash that this summer! Not yet :(

8. Get a new PR in an Olympic distance tri. Check back in September. I am hoping for a strong race to be proud of!!

New Goals for 2010 (July)

1. Join a triathlon team.



That is enough for now!! I'll update in a few months!


Happy Training!!


1 comment:

  1. wow you had some ambitious goals and are really doing well!! That's awesome

    ReplyDelete

 
Health Blogger