Monday, August 2, 2010

My 6th Half Marathon!


Five years ago I would have laughed out loud if someone told me I would be doing my 6th half marathon in September! My mom signed me up as an early birthday present and we will both be running, although most likely not together. The half will also take place on my birthday and Labor Day. What a great way to spend the day, not only with my mom but racing too!

Technically, this would be my 7th half marathon but one of those was during my half-ironman, so do I still count it?? Probably a yes!
The week after the half I have my last triathlon of the season an Olympic distance race, that to be honest I am not putting all that much effort into. We will be out of town for a week, and school starts soon and I will be very busy. I'll still give it my all but my "A" race is done for the season. I just want to have fun and also relax the next couple of weeks before going back to work!
Training for this week, includes a nice solo bike ride on a local island, with coffee and lunch stops included, plus a nice ferry ride. I am very excited about this. I have never done this ride before and I will be all by myself with my directions in hand ready to chart new territory... sort of!
Happy Training!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Health Blogger