Saturday, January 16, 2010

Girls on the Run Fundraiser Meeting

Today, my mom and I met with the local director of Girls on the Run. We have set the date for our fundraiser brunch, for March 21. 100% of the money raised will go directly to the program. If you have never heard about this program it is amazing!! They help girls ages 8-13 run a 5k as well as learn about healthy self-esteem, values, etc. This past year is the biggest year for the Seattle chapter of Girls on the Run. They went from 150 participants to 400! They are in need of money to help keep the program up and running. The program has sponsorships through New Balance and Nuun, so we are trying to get them on board with donating shoes and sport drinks. We are so excited to take on this project! See if there is a local chapter in your area and volunteer to become a coach! It's a great way to mentor a young girl!
Happy Running!




http://www.girlsontherun.org/

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I just looked this up and found out there's a group in my town. I just emailed them about getting involved. Thanks!

    geonerdette@wordpress

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great group! We don't have one where I live but it looks like there is one in the city we're moving to this summer, so I'll have to look them up when I move.

    ReplyDelete

 
Health Blogger