Monday, December 14, 2009

Starting again today!

I have been taking it real easy since our marathon. At the most I have been going to Zumba 2 days a week. No running. I finally feel like I am ready physically to start again. With my knee hurting the way it did on marathon day I knew I needed to take a much needed break. I am going to start slow today with a Zumba class and a 2 mile run on the treadmill and probably just stick with shorter treadmill and outdoor runs the next couple of weeks.

The next race we want to do is "The Capital City" marathon on May 16th. I don't think I have to start really training until mid-January. We haven't signed up yet but we know we will be doing this. My mom is going to really try to qualify for Boston at this race. From what we hear it's flat and fast! I am just hoping to go for a sub 5 hour marathon! This time I will be following a strict plan, I think that will be the only way I can reach my goal!

Happy Running and Resting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Health Blogger